Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sometimes The Best Work from Home Ideas Hit You Like a Bolt of Lightning

One of the best ideas came to me out of nowhere one day when I was doing my regular routine of posting articles on Ezine Articles. I make a living with affiliate marketing, so I write article to build links to my sites. Just as I was posting my article (approx. #400), it hit me: Why not write for other people, and charge them for it? That's when I decided to add freelance writing to my streams of income. That may be the smartest move I ever made.

I had no previous experience, other than writing my own content. Was I scared? You better believe it! The first ad I placed advertising my services, I thought I would faint when I hit the "enter" button and my ad went live. My first thought was "Now what am I going to do?" I had never written for anyone but myself before, and I was mortified.

I got my first client shortly thereafter, clamped my jaw tightly and told myself "I can do this." I have been doing it ever since, and have 10 clients I write for on a weekly basis (one is an SEO firm). This little story is just to let you know that with determination, you can do anything you set your mind to! If you want to work from home, there are many roads that will lead you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment